Child Custody

In the state of South Carolina, if both parents of the child are not married to each other, the birth mother is given sole custody of the child, unless there is child custody paper work through Family Court, or if a mother has relinquished her rights.

A father has no rights and will have to file a petition with the Family Court for custody of the child. Family Court is located at 180 Magnolia St., 2nd floor of the main Courthouse. (864) 596-2588